|3201 Jermantown Road
Fairfax, VA 22030
Melissa works in Chadwick Washington’s Fairfax office as an associate attorney, having joined the firm in April 2023. She provides general counseling and representation to community associations regarding assessment collections, covenant enforcement, contract negotiation, corporate governance, drafting rules and policies, and interpretation and amendments of governing documents.
Melissa earned her law degree from Wake Forest University School of Law in 2016 and is admitted to practice law in Virginia and North Carolina. Prior to joining the firm, Melissa practiced in North Carolina, focusing on mass torts and tobacco litigation.
Focus Areas in Community Association Law
• General counseling and representation
• Rules and covenants enforcement
• Civil litigation
• Bylaw interpretation and amendments
• Wake Forest University School of Law, Winston-Salem, NC., J.D., 2016
• Florida State University, Tallahassee, FL., B.S. cum laude, 2012
• 2022, Virginia
• 2016, North Carolina
• Virginia State Bar
• North Carolina State Bar
• Community Associations Institute, Washington Metropolitan Chapter