3201 Jermantown Road
Fairfax, VA 22030
Olga S. Tseliak is a senior associate attorney in the firm’s Fairfax office. She joined the firm as an attorney in 2015, having previously been employed by Chadwick Washington as a paralegal since 2010. Olga completed her legal studies part time while maintaining her full-time job at the firm and graduated from George Mason University School of Law magna cum laude. We, and our clients, are grateful to have retained Olga and appreciate her practical advice, approach experience and wisdom gained from having previously practiced in the trenches as a paralegal.
Olga’s practice is now devoted primarily to community association law and creditor’s rights. She provides counsel and advice to the firm’s clients regarding a wide range of community association issues including, for example, corporate governance, developer transition and warranty, drafting of rules and regulations, covenant enforcement, drafting and negotiation of client contracts, and general litigation. Olga is actively involved with the Washington Metropolitan Chapter of Community Association Institute (“WMCCAI”), where she volunteers for Quorum Committee and has authored multiple articles in Quorum magazine. In 2021, Olga received a Rising Star Award in recognition of her work for WMCCAI.
Focus Areas in Community Association Law
- General counseling and representation
- Rules and covenants enforcement
- Bylaw interpretation and amendments
- Developer Transition and Warranty
- Loan Document Review
- Contract Negotiations
- George Mason University School of Law, Arlington, VA, J.D. magna cum laude, 2015
- Notes Editor, Civil Rights Law Journal, 2013-2014
- George Mason University, Fairfax, VA, B.A. summa cum laude Government and International Politics, 2011
- 2017, District of Columbia
- 2015, Virginia
- 2016, U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia
- 2016, U.S. Bankruptcy for the Eastern District of Virginia
- Community Associations Institute, Washington Metropolitan Chapter
- Fairfax Bar Association
- WMCCAI Rising Star, 2021
- Ballard Spahr, LLP, Summer Associate, 2014
- “Alienating Legal Aliens: Exclusions from Professional Licensing, Standard of Review, and State Interest,” 24 George Mason University C.R. L.J. 233 (2014).
- “Adding Parking Spaces: What Does It Take?”, Quorum, May 2016.
- “When Covenants Aren’t Enforced…” Quorum, June 2017.
- “Requests for Reasonable Accommodations and Modifications: A Guide for Community Associations on How to Handle them Appropriately”, Quorum, April 2019.
- Sexual Harassment in the Workplace: Understanding Legal Standards and Employer Liability, Quorum, June 2019.
- The Condominium Regime: The Original “Shared Economy” Concept, Quorum, November, 2019.
- Don’t Sleep on Your Rights: Virginia Condominiums and Statutory Warranty Claims on Structural Defects, Quorum, June 2020 (Co-Authored with Brendan Bunn).
- Duty of Care and What it Really Means for Board Members, Quorum, November, 2020.
- Modernized Fairfax County Zoning Ordinance : What it May Mean for Your Community, Quorum, July 2021.