PURSUANT TO THE VIRGINIA STATE BAR RULES OF PROFESSIONAL CONDUCT, PLEASE NOTE THAT LISTING THE CASES BELOW DOES NOT GUARANTEE SIMILAR RESULTS IN ANY FUTURE CASES, AND ALL CASE RESULTS DEPEND UPON A VARIETY OF FACTORS UNIQUE TO THE CASE.
Selected Cases & Work
More than 20 years practicing community association law in Virginia and D.C.
Chadwick, Washington, Moriarty, Elmore & Bunn P.C. has a history of handling cases that have a lasting impact on association practices. The firm’s work has helped establish precedent for the interpretation of community association law and has influenced the approach to common interest community policy throughout Virginia.
- Grillo v. Montebello, 243 Va. 475 (Virginia Supreme Court, 1992)
- Maplefield v. Basham, et al., Ch. No. 131341 (Fairfax County Circuit Court, 1994)
- In re McConnell, 198 B.R. 181 (US Bank. Ct. ED VA, 1996)
- Bloomingdale, et al., v. Lake Holiday Country Club, Inc., Ch. 98-64 (Frederick County Circuit Court, 1998)
- Wyndham v. Oulton, Ch. 99-001468-00 (Henrico County Circuit Court, 2001)
- Payandeh, et al., v. Neese, et al., Ch. No. Chancery No. 02-127 (Fauquier County Circuit Court, 2003)
- Colchester Towne Condominium Council of Co-Owners v. Wachovia Bank, N.A., 266 Va. 46, 581 S.E.2d 201 (Virginia Supreme Court, 2003)
- Westgate at Williamsburg v. 752, LLC, 270 Va. 566 (Virginia Supreme Court, 2005)