|3201 Jermantown Road
Fairfax, VA 22030
Lauren works in Chadwick Washington’s Fairfax office as an associate attorney. She provides general counseling and representation to community associations across Virginia regarding assessment collections, covenant enforcement, amendments of governing documents, contract negotiation, and creation of rules and policies. She also provides litigation services to the firm’s clients, including representing community associations in local courts for assessment collection and covenant enforcement cases, as well as general defense.
Lauren completed her legal studies at University of Richmond School of Law after receiving her B.S. in Human Development from Cornell University. During law school Lauren worked for various offices across the Commonwealth, including the Attorney General’s Office, the United States Attorney’s Office (EDVA), and the Virginia Department of Alcoholic Beverage Control. She also worked for several professors as a research assistant, which provided her the opportunity to work with a professor that was writing a housing law textbook. Prior to joining this firm, she served as a judicial law clerk for Chief Judge William T. Newman, Jr. in the Circuit Court of Arlington County.
Lauren is actively involved in the Washington Metro Chapter of the Community Associations Institute (WMCCAI), where she is Co-Chair of the Public Outreach Committee and an active member of the Membership Committee. Lauren is also actively involved with the American Bar Association’s Young Lawyers Division, where she serves as a Managing Editor for the 2020-2021 Editorial Board of The Young Lawyer, working with a staff of over 20 associate editors and overseeing the creation of articles for both print and online publication.
- University of Richmond School of Law, Richmond, Virginia, J.D., 2017
- Lead Articles Editor, Public Interest Law Review, 2016-2017
- Cornell University, Ithaca, New York, B.S., Human Development (minor: Gerontology), 2013
- 2018, Virginia
- 2019, District of Columbia
- Alexandria Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Community Associations Institute
- Virginia State Bar
- Circuit Court of Arlington County, 2017-2018
- Co-Author, “Reserve Study Requirements: Virginia, Maryland & D.C.”, WMCCAI Quorum, September 2019
- “Pandemic Preparedness: Reserve Studies, Financials and Governing Documents”, May 2020
- “Paying Your Fair Share: Reserves and Financing Capital Projects for Virginia Associations”, December 2020
- “Housing Law”, Guest Presenter for University of Richmond School of Law Course, February 2021
- 2019 WMCCAI Rising Star